- This event has passed.
Core Awareness: Advanced Course for Laypersons & Professionals via Zoom (level one)
March 30, 2021 @ 10:00 am - April 27, 2021 @ 2:30 pm$460.00 – $540.00
A 5-Week Advanced course designed for both Laypersons & Professionals to refine your understanding of the explorations found in my book Core Awareness. In the intimacy of a small group gathering (max 12) on Zoom we will integrate the fundamental concepts for maintaining a healthy psoas. Each week we will refine and articulate movement, increase proprioception, and integrate our results by working together in zoom room partnerships. Learning from each other’s expertise, sharing our observations, questioning our strategies we’ll explore each chapter, encouraging a keen eye, nuanced sensing, and deep listening while fostering our inner knowing.
FOR EVERYONE: Integrate the Core Awareness explorations into your own practice in order to be able to gain refinement as well as to successfully guide your clients and students through a natural process for regaining and maintaining a healthy psoas.
Course Participants will also gain:
- Develop observational skills for supporting the healthy psoas.
- Become cognizant of the signs of an overactive sympathetic fear response
- Identify and choose a strategy of support, facilitate and implement basic trauma protocol.
- Utilize somatic tools for supporting the psoas and the sympathetic neuro-core
- Facilitate your client and students ability to resource support.
- Work together in partnerships that will display the ability for self help or to lead students through explorations that support the healthy psoas
- Conceptualize and communicate the importance of core integrity and its relationship to the psoas.
PREREQUISITE & REQUIREMENTS: You must have attended a minimum of two Psoas Workshops/and/or 3 Zoom Classes Combination such as = the 5-week Audio Psoas course and the BASIC workshop/ the BASIC & 3 Zoom classes / the BASIC workshop and Stalking Wild Psoas Workshop. Both read and bring to class: Core Awareness: Enhancing Yoga, Pilates, Exercise & Dance. Expect and be available to have a homework assignment and to work in partnership during each class.
NOTE: This course is an educational process designed for people interested in the field of Bodywork, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, and Fitness to increase their understanding and experience of the healthy psoas. It is NOT for those needing to heal from trauma or major injuries. Please register only if qualified. This course is limited to 12 participants
I encourage professionals already on my COMMUNITY page to attend to further deepen your understanding of how to utilize the explorations and develop skills in discerning the healthy psoas.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation Policy
USA Psoas Workshop Cancellation Policy: Cancellations may be made up until 30 days prior to the workshop. NO money will be refunded 30 days before the workshop date. Workshop deposits are non-refundable. Registration for the ADVANCED COURSE is FINAL and can not be transferred or deferred.