Psoas During Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum (5-hr) Sonoma CA
March 12 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A healthy Psoas enhances every aspect of a woman’s pregnancy, the birth process, and postpartum integration. Educating women, midwives, doulas, birth-keepers and their partners about the psoas can be vital to increasing healthy normal vaginal births. Participants will learn the importance of the Psoas through every phase and discover tools that can easily be integrated into prenatal exercise and self-help relaxation routines.
A Healthy Psoas:
- Offers skeletal support for releasing back pain and tension throughout pregnancy & birth
- Releases unfounded fear deepening a woman’s instinctual responses
- Ignites the intuitive belly brain, centers, and empowers every aspect of becoming a mother
- Shortens labor and eases birth offering their baby guidance through the spiral descent
- Enhances a woman’s ability to shape-shift and open; offering an effective alternative to induction
- Supports the functionally balanced pelvis through each transition and postpartum recovery
- Provides a core sense of integrity, trust, and pleasure through the journey into motherhood
NOTE: Workshop takes place on a Thursday
VENUE: I will be joining Shiela VanDerveer, Founder & Primary Midwife of Comadres Midwifery, a home birth, wellness and healing practice in Sonoma County at Brigid’s Well Center Sebastopol CA. Location address will be sent upon registering.
RECOMMENDED READING: The Psoas Book