- This event has passed.
Advanced Core Awareness Course for Laypersons & Professionals via Zoom
June 2, 2022 @ 10:00 am - June 30, 2022 @ 2:30 pm$460.00
FOR EVERYONE: Integrate the Core Awareness explorations into your own practice in order to be able to gain refinement as well as to successfully guide your clients and students through a natural process for regaining and maintaining a healthy psoas.
Course Participants will learn to:
- Develop observational skills for supporting the healthy psoas.
- Become cognizant of the signs of an overactive sympathetic fear response and disrupted proprioception
- Identify and choose a strategy of support, facilitate and implement basic trauma protocol
- Utilize somatic tools for supporting the healthy psoas and nourishing the Neurocore.
- Facilitate your students and client’s ability to resource support
- Recognize disruption and lack of grounding in movement and core expression
- Work alone and together in partnerships in displaying the ability to attend to the healthy psoas
- Conceptualize and communicate the importance of core integrity and its relationship to the psoas.
PREREQUISITE & REQUIREMENTS: You must attend a minimum of the BASIC 12-hr Psoas Workshop and at least one other workshop or Zoom class. PLUS have read The Psoas Book and bring to class: Core Awareness: Enhancing Yoga, Pilates, Exercise & Dance. Expect to be on screen the full class time, attend to homework assignments week by week, and work in partnership during class.
NOTE: This course is an educational process designed for people interested in the field of Bodywork, Yoga, Pilates, Dance, and Fitness to increase their understanding and experience of the healthy psoas. It is NOT for those needing to heal from trauma or major injuries. Please register only if qualified. This course is limited to 15 participants
I encourage professionals already on my COMMUNITY page to attend this course to further deepen your understanding of how to utilize the explorations in Core Awareness and develop skills in discerning the healthy psoas.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation Policy
USA Psoas Workshop Cancellation Policy: Cancellations may be made up until 30 days prior to the workshop. NO money will be refunded 30 days before the workshop date. Workshop deposits are non-refundable. Registration for the ADVANCED COURSE is FINAL and can not be transferred or deferred.
National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) Approved
This is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork for 20 hours of continuing education credit (CEU). For more information on the NCBTMB, please visit their website.